Last update: 5 November 2018
Entertainment Solutions (The Fun Experts LTD) are the sole data controller of the data you provide to us and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will comply with all applicable data protection laws in all our dealings with your data. As of May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came in to effect. Beyond this date, we will continue to communicate with you for things that you would reasonably expect to receive from us, such as: communications relating to your event, relevant new products for your event type, possible future events and services / support you will find useful in your event planning needs.
All data collected from you is provided by you via either our Contact Form (website), Quick Enquiry (website), Quote Request (website and telephone), Event Planning Guide Request (website) or Social Media (enquiry by direct messaging). This data is relevant to your event enquiry only, and limited to your event (type) needs. When you enquire with us via these means, you are actively opting in to receive marketing communications from us. These communications are for services provided by Entertainment Solutions only and in relation to our relationship. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from our mailing list at any time. Every email we send you will have an ‘unsubscribe’ link contained within it.
So, what information do we need to assist in your Event planning?
All information we collect is supplied by you at the time of your enquiry. The data we request is to better service your event needs and will include:
- Your name, business name (if applicable), telephone number and email address
- Addresses for invoicing purposes and for event delivery
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of the correspondence.
- (where applicable) Purchase Order Reference
- Details of your visits to our websites and emails including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs, IP address – this would be required for our own billing purposes and otherwise.
How do we collect your information?
There are various ways in which you can provide your data to us. Depending on how you use our site and which page you enquire through, we collect information by the following methods:
1. Direct – This is information you supply to us direct via our numerous enquiry options or telephone enquiries. You can enquire via our site using the Contact Form, Quick Enquiry, Quote Request and Brochure Request. When contacting us by telephone, your call is logged and your details entered by our team securely in to our enquiry / booking system.
2. System – This is when our system collects data as you use our website, as is typical of many websites, which is necessary to operate and monitor the performance of a site. This can be broken down to:
- Analytical Cookies – These are small files that are stored on your browser when you visit websites. The main purpose is to record your interaction with a website (time spent on the site, pages visited etc). The information collected is to better inform Analytics, authentication and sessions to name a few. A purpose of cookie files is to ensure a better experience when using (or returning to) a website.
- Advertising Cookies as detailed below:
Activity on our website: This is data about your browsing activity on our website. For example, which pages you visited and when, what items were clicked on a page and how much time was spent on a page.
Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data, operating system, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
Advertising data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
Advertising networks in use: we currently use the following advertising networks to advertise our services: AdRoll, Google, Facebook and Instagram.
- Device Information – Modern technology has brought us various devices including smart phones, tablets, PC’s et al. In order to ensure our website and enquiry process is working at it’s best, we record the device types used to ensure a satisfactory user experience (UX).
At any time, you may delete these cookies by simply clearing your cookies in your browser.
If you wish to see more information about your rights by visiting: youronlinechoices.eu (only applicable to users within the EU only).
Why do we place advertising cookies in your browser?
We use this data to help us identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points have about a particular user, browser, or device to serve the most relevant ads to you and, in turn, improve performance of our ad campaigns. Specifically, we use this data for:
- Targeting: Selecting ads that are more likely to be relevant to you based on the interests previously associated with your device and the time of day you may be most interested in viewing these specific ads. For example, we may show you ads to you during lunch or commute hours.
- Frequency capping: Making sure that you don’t see the same ad too many times.
- Sequencing: If you are being served a sequence of ads, making sure we show you the right ad next in the sequence.
- Cross-device matching: Identifying all devices that are likely to be associated with you so that ads can be targeted, capped and sequenced across those devices. For example, cross-device matching helps us NOT show you ads for a specific service when you have already made a request to us vie the contact or get-a-quote forms.
- Reporting: Providing us insights into how our ads are performing and gain insights into our potential customers. Reporting may include ad metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions (however we may define a “conversion,” for example, an enquiry). For example, if a specific ad is not performing well (customers aren’t clicking on it), we will be able to see that data and update the ad (perhaps with a better offer!).
Why do we ask you to supply your personal information?
For legitimate business purposes in order to offer you the high level of service expected of the Fun Experts and provide you with our service for your event needs. We collect this information so we can:
- Provide you with a ‘quote’ for your event
- To support you and share our knowledge in providing you with your event requirements
- To deliver the equipment hire and carry out our obligations as per our contract
- To notify you about any changes to our service
- To be proactive in enhancing the security of our network and information systems
- To communicate with your about our services, new equipment; all information that we believe will be of interest to you for your future events
- To continue to improve the services we provide you and our clients
Do we share your information with anyone?
The short answer is NO. Your data is collected at the enquiry stage purely to allow our team to supply you with and support you with your event needs. Your data is securely stored on our own server for purposes to promote to you our event services for any possible future events you may hold.
We do not share personal / professional data with any third parties, with the exception of core service providers (external entertainers for example), who we may bring in to service your event – these include, and are not limited to, Corporate Entertainers, Face Painters; Funfair Ride providers, Circus Skills Entertainers, Walkabout Entertainers.
How long do we hold your information for?
In order to support you in future events, we hold your information in order to contact you and promote new services in line with your event needs. Your data is not shared with third parties for any marketing purposes.
Should you wish for us to remove your information from our database, your data will be securely deleted. You can request this be done by phone, email or using the unsubscribe option on an email to opt-out.
How is your data stored and, more importantly, protected?
All information collected within our database is stored on our secure servers. Our systems are password protected, with two factor authentication required. Access to our database is only accessible via employees of Entertainment Solutions, with restricted access levels dependant on their role / position.
Communication – Phone Calls / Email
To help us maintain a high level of customer service, when you call our offices your call may be monitored and recorded. Email communication is stored within your booking in order for our team to to better deal with your enquiry / event.
When paying for our services, you can do so via BACS or over the telephone. No debit / credit card details are stored on our database when a payment is taken. Using Stripe for card transactions, once the transaction is processed, no record of the card details are stored.
As much as strive to become a paperless office, there are certain aspects across departments that require the use of paper. Any paperwork that contains your data is kept secure within our offices and destroyed by shredder only.